Computerised Crowns / CEREC
New techniques and materials available today allow crowns and bridges to look more life like. All porcelain crowns restore a tooth to its natural function. Gone are the days of unsightly black, grey margins near the gum-line.
Traditional restorative dentistry requires several visits, a rubbery impression in the mouth, a fragile temporary restoration, and a two-to-four week wait for the laboratory to fabricate the crown.
CEREC technology can provide you with porcelain restorations in just minutes, rather than having to wait weeks. After the tooth is prepared an optical impression is taken of the tooth. In about 15 minutes, the CEREC milling machine will sculpt your ceramic restoration from a block of porcelain, while you relax in the Dental Spa. The restoration is permanently bonded to your tooth. The end result is a ceramic restoration that looks and feels just like your natural teeth.
What Are the Advantages CEREC Offers?
- Time saving. You usually only have to visit us one time, as opposed to two trips for a traditional crown; this also reduces the number of local anaesthetic injections (shots) needed.
- high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant
- No need for an impression which can be uncomfortable especially if you have a high gag reflex.
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-coloured ceramic material
- Metal-free no silver-coloured fillings
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth so there is less drilling.
- Extremely precise
With CEREC at your dentist's side, you can be in and out in a single visit with a permanent, all ceramic crown, onlay, or veneer! For you, this means fewer injections, less drilling, and less time out of your hectic schedule for dental care.